...Or at least data can be used to model the Earth's rotational vectors and predict trajectory locations over time. A few things have got me thinking about the world of data and the data of the world. First, I watched "Hidden Figures" with my girls last night. Amazon's machine learning models accurately predicted that we would like this film and positioned it strategically on our suggested titles list. There was a lot to like, including worthy themes around:
- Math, science, engineering, analytics, and computers.
- Women earning respect for their ability to excel in these areas.
- Minorities demonstrating that diversity in teams improves outcomes.
- Healthy patriotism in the context of advancing human potential.
- Strategic government funding of research and innovation.
- and Kirsten Dunst (assuming that her inclusion here doesn't undermine all my previous points).