Industry Leaders Discuss SOAPA
Security technology vendors are bullish on SOAPA and have strong opinions about how SOAPA can impact security operations. In this video series, Jon Oltsik and Doug Cahill explore the concepts, deployment, and future of SOAPA with industry leaders.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview with Jerry Skurla, CMO, of Bay Dynamics (01/2018)
- The intersection of cybersecurity and risk.
- Collaboration between risk and security teams.
- SOAPA and GDPR.
- The role of machine learning.
- Bay Dynamics integration.
- The future of SOAPA.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview With Karim Toubba, CEO, of Kenna Security (12/2017)
- The problem with vulnerability management.
- How have organizations dealt with this situation in the past?
- How Kenna Security aligns with the SOAPA model.
- The bridge between security and IT operations.
- The cybersecurity skills shortage.
- Machine learning confusion.
- Technology integration.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview With Arabella Hallawell, VP Corporate Strategy, Of Arbor Networks (11/2017)
- The current state of DDoS attacks.
- DDoS protection within SOAPA.
- Network security analytics use cases.
- SOAPA technology integration.
- Coordination between security and IT teams.
- Security operations collaboration drivers.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview with Amos Stern, CEO, of Siemplify (11/2017)
- The rationale for security operations technology integration.
- The value of SOAPA for cybersecurity professionals.
- SOAPA and security operations processes.
- SOAPA must be designed to support analysts’ needs and not just technology integration.
- SIEM is a part of SOAPA but not SOAPA itself.
- What about security operations automation and orchestration?
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview with P.J. Bihuniak, COO, of Theta-Point (10/2017)
- Why is SOAPA relevant today?
- Are there consistent security operations issues amongst enterprise organization?
- What’s with the growth of security data?
- The role of SIEM in SOAPA.
- The impact of the cybersecurity skills shortage on security operations.
- The need for SOAPA.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview with Sean Convery,VP and GM, Security Business Unit of ServiceNow (10/2017)
- Cybersecurity and IT collaboration.
- Vulnerability management.
- Security processes.
- The purpose of a security operations architecture like SOAPA.
- How ServiceNow approaches SOAPA.
- Lessons learned.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview with Mike Banic, VP of Marketing, Vectra Networks (9/2017)
- Why network telemetry is so important for security analytics.
- SOAPA integration.
- Adding value to the SIEM.
- What about the cybersecurity skills shortage?
- Machine learning.
- Integration with cyber threat intelligence (CTI).
- Other technology integration.
ESG360 Video: SOAPA Interview With Rick Caccia, CMO, of Exabeam (6/2017)
- As a former employee of SIEM pioneer ArcSight, Rick has lots of experience and opinions about the history of security operations, what worked and what didn’t in the past, and the reasons why SOAPA aligns so well with enterprise security requirements today.
- Market confusion around machine learning/artificial intelligence for security analytics.
- How user behavior analytics (UBA) evolves into SOAPA.
- Security operations automation and orchestration.
- SOAPA integration.
ESG360 Video: An Interview about SOAPA with Haiyan Song, SVP, Security Markets of Splunk (5/2017)
- SIEM’s role within SOAPA.
- Splunk as an ecosystem.
- Customers want help with incident response.
- SOAPA benefits.
- Splunk’s Adaptive Response.
- Splunk’s SOAPA ecosystem.
- Splunk on the industry activity around incident response.
ESG360 Video: An Interview about SOAPA with Mike Viscuso, Chief Technology Officer of Carbon Black (4/2017)
- In this first of a two-part video series, Mike Viscuso, Carbon Black’s Chief Technology Officer, and I begin to explore the expansive topic of employing a security operations and analytics platform architecture (SOAPA) to operationalize security analytics.
- In this second of a two-part video series, Mike Viscuso, Carbon Black CTO, and I pull on more SOAPA (security operations and analytics platform architecture) threads, including the role of SIEM in the next-gen SOC.
ESG360 Video: IBM Chat About Security Analytics and Operations (SOAPA) with Marc van Zadelhoff, General Manager, Security (3/2017)
- Why SOAPA?
- How does IBM communicate the SOAPA concept to potential customers?
- Does IBM see SOAPA like the transition from departmental applications to ERP in the 1990s?
- Is it time for the security industry to rally around some type of common SOAPA standards?
- SOAPA drivers.
- SOAPA must supplement people with integration and intelligence.
- What about the need for SOAPA scale?