With 2022 in full swing, I got a chance to sit down with my colleague Vinny Choinski to discuss what we expect to see from the data protection/intelligent data management market this year. Our predictions include:
- Data compliance and privacy focus will accelerate.
- Disaster recovery will be replaced by cyber-recovery.
- The SaaS backup and recovery disconnect will continue.
- Tape and active archive are still not going away!
- Data protection for container environments will be a focus.
We learned a lot from our research in 2021 and look forward to exploring these topics further in 2022! As always, please reach out for a deep-dive on any of these topics.