Lots of forward-looking going on at this year’s Dell Technologies World (DTW - the former Dell EMC World) with main stage focus on the promise of Digital Transformation and IT Transformation on the world of IT.
Of course, no IT event in 2018 would be complete without a discussion of the 4th Industrial Revolution, the merging of the cyber and the physical, and the impact of AI and machine learning on everything related to IT infrastructure, IoT, and beyond!
Really cool stuff, for sure, but before they can get there, IT partners are, by necessity, rooted in the here and now. It is critical for them to see how they generate growth, profitability and the cash flow needed to sustain operations and invest for this glittering future. Quite often, IT vendors go heavy on pointing to the shiny objects in the tech future, but remain light on the details of how to realize their promise.
But wait....Partner Summit Delivers
At the DTW Partner Summit, however, Dell EMC Partner leadership did a great job of creating a roadmap, supported by program elements and resources that help Dell EMC partners transform and evolve their own businesses toward supporting customers in the transformed future of IT.
The first set of guideposts on this journey make it easier to adapt Dell EMC technologies:
- Dell EMC Ready Stack – exclusively for channel partners, this outlines a pre-validated stack of solutions based on Dell EMC technologies that provides partners with the ability to more easily create "mass-customized" solutions that solve customer business goals, all at attractive margins.
- New IoT Solutions Competency – based on the concept of IoT bundles to address use cases such as video surveillance and facility management. This learning curriculum will pass along product bundles and best practices, all aimed at helping partners deliver a total package.
Next on the roadmap is The Dell Technologies Advantage Partner Framework, a set of value-added capabilities and certifications that operate across the Dell Technologies family of brands, and provide valuable, industry-recognized solution badging in areas such as IoT, analytics, business applications, and security. The Advantage Framework will make it easier and more cost-effective for partners to be ready to deliver IT Transformation - the complete solutions that customers are looking for.
Lastly, Dell EMC has created a bridge on this road to the new world of IT - with a range of new and improved financial and operational enhancements, including:
- Better and faster SLAs for Deal Reg turnaround and pricing approvals
- Enhanced rewards and incentives for partners
- Use of MDF for Demo Equipment
- A streamlined, low-cost Proof-of-Concept program
- A major new marketing/lead gen campaign unveiled at DTW specifically for partners.
This new marketing campaign features ESG research across hundreds of enterprises that are transforming their businesses in our digital era. (Yes, we’re proud of it.)
Dell EMC partners will now have a set of marketing and point-of sales tools, backed by concierge support, that they can use to introduce their customers to the factors that highlight the power of IT Transformation and then work with them to validate the impact on their unique businesses. Very powerful, and very forward-looking toward the new IT world.
Summing it up – DTW had plenty of content to inspire creative thinking about the future – all those shiny objects out there – but equally important, the Dell EMC Channel team laid out the programs, investments, and options that provide a pathway for their partners to embark on the journey along with guiding their customers.
For committed Dell EMC partners, this was a positive and well-delivered message.