Achieving compliance and meeting the newest data privacy requirements is pretty much like trying to hit a moving target. In the dark. At high speed.
There's just too much data. ESG research (not so surprisingly) shows that data growth is one of the top complexity issues faced by IT leaders, and it's hard to know what you have, where it is, and whether it is compliant. Robust data identification and classification processes are much needed, not only to identify sensitive data but also to reuse it intelligently.
Data classification, in my opinion, has become a business imperative. Our recent research shows that only 35% of organizations actually classify all of their data. It's a shame for the other 65% that only do it partially or not at all because we have also found that organizations that classify all of their data make more effective business decisions and display higher confidence levels.
I recently visited Titus in their offices in Ottawa and was very impressed with their technology and upcoming product update that was just announced. If you don't know what they do, well, you should find out.
Intelligent data management is the future...and it needs data identification/classification.