The ESG Channel Awards give us an opportunity to highlight partner-led companies that have invested in their partners; taking steps to help them do more deals, drive their top and bottom lines, and continue to solve customer problems quickly and efficiently.
Next up in our 2018 Award Winners is Trend Micro. Trend really went for it this year, focusing on creating new go-to-market programs with key alliance partners. This effort provides options for customers to consume Trend technology, and gives great flexibility to Trend Micro partners that shortens sales cycles and makes it easy to deliver a range of solutions that end-users want to buy.
We like to remind our readers that these awards represent our POV. We recognize these vendors/channel teams because they employ best practices in both program design and execution.
Here we go with Trend Micro - the latest ESG Channel Award winner!
ESG Channel Acceleration Cloud Alliances Award Winner: Trend Micro (Trend Micro Partner Program)
This category is open to vendors that sell through multiple routes-to-market for hardware, software, and services in all vertical markets, and have a channel program that has been in place for a minimum of two years. Alliances with other leading technology vendors are critical to success, drive growth in cloud solutions, and have been shown to build partner loyalty and success.
- Trend Micro has become a hybrid cloud security leader through alliances with vendors like AWS and VMware.
- The company has extended this to include a broad base of leading cloud-based technologies and providers (Azure, Docker, Google), plus the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance.
- Trend's Hybrid Cloud Security solution has been optimized for delivery via AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- The company has added emphasis on supporting and rewarding cloud-ready partners and systems integrators such as REAN Cloud, 2nd Watch, and Smartronix.
- Trend Micro is driving procurement innovation with AWS to improve and simplify the process for its customers.
- Channel partners are viewed as critical to Trend's business model - unique partner benefits have been established for AWS-led transactions.
- Trend has revised sales incentives and compensation models to ensure sellers are compensated equally for consumption-based and perpetual-license sales.
Channel Acceleration Impact:
- Trend's solidified alliance with AWS for resale via AWS Marketplace resulted in triple-digit YoY growth – this is now a key route to market for AWS deals.
- AWS Marketplace drives customer demand, leverages procurement innovations. This heightened influence fully engages Trend Micro's Partner Ecosystem.
- The alliance with AWS gives partners access to a range of bundled solutions, allowing them to attach security to platform sales.
- Flexible, on-demand purchase, deployment, and usage options reduce partner risk, give customers options they can choose from.
- Alignment with customers already using AWS streamlines the engagement process and provides one-stop billing simplicity and cost savings.
Thanks for tuning in! Trend Micro is the fourth of six winners we will be recognizing during April and May, highlighting leaders in other areas of outstanding program innovation and evolution, so watch for our next ESG Channel Award winner soon.
We’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback – the next winner will be coming your way shortly!