This ESG Lab Review highlights the recent analysis of Google BigQuery with a focus on simplicity, agility, flexibility, reliability, security, and cost containment. A combination of hands-on testing, audited performance results, and customer use cases demonstrated the advantages of leveraging Google BigQuery as a next-generation analytics data warehouse capable of handling PB-scale datasets in the Google Cloud Platform.
Some of the specific advantages of Google BigQuery for businesses that work with big data include:
- Simplicity – Complete all major tasks related to data warehouse analytics through an intuitive interface without the hassle of managing the infrastructure.
- Scalability – Scale up or down depending on size, performance, and cost requirements.
- Speed – Ingest, query, and export PB-sized datasets with impressive speeds using the Google Cloud Platform as the underlying cloud infrastructure.
- Reliability – Ensure always-on availability and constant uptime running on the Google Cloud Platform with geo-replication across Google data centers.
- Security – Protect and control access to encrypted projects and datasets through Google’s cloud-wide Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Cost-optimization – Predict costs with transparent flat rate and/or pay-as-you-go pricing and contain costs through the use of project and user resource quotas.
Download your copy of the ESG Lab Review.