Google BigQuery is a cloud-based, fully managed, serverless enterprise data warehouse that supports analytics over petabyte-scale data. It delivers high -speed analysis of large datasets without requiring investments in onsite infrastructure or database administrators. BigQuery scales its use of hardware up or down to maximize performance of each query, adding and removing compute and storage resources as required.
Google BigQuery, part of the Google Cloud Platform, is designed to streamline big data analysis and storage, while removing the overhead and complexity of maintaining onsite hardware and administration resources. Some of the specific advantages of Google BigQuery for businesses that work with big data include:
- Time to Value - Users can get their data warehouse environment online quickly and easily, without requiring expert-level system and database administration skills by eliminating the infrastructure and reducing the management (known as “No-Ops” or “Zero-Ops”).
- Simplicity – Complete all major tasks related to data warehouse analytics through an intuitive interface without the hassle of managing the infrastructure.
- Scalability – Scale up to petabytes or down to kilobytes depending on your size, performance, and cost requirements.
- Speed – Ingest, query, and export PB-sized datasets with impressive speeds using the Google Cloud Platform as the underlying cloud infrastructure.
- Reliability – Ensure always-on availability and constant uptime running on the Google Cloud Platform with geo-replication across Google data centers.
- Security – Protect and control access to encrypted projects and datasets through Google’s cloud-wide identity and access management (IAM).
- Cost Optimization – Predict costs with transparent flat rate and/or pay-as-you-go pricing, and contain costs through the use of project and user resource quotas.
Download the ESG Economic Validation White Paper.